Manageapplications using and discover the different clusters
- Explore the Kubernetes command line for deploying applications, inspecting clusters, and viewing logs
- Leverage for Kubernetes application management and container debugging
- Apply your knowledge of Docker to learn equivalent commands for Docker subcommands
The kubectl command line tool lets you control Kubernetes clusters to manage nodes in the cluster and perform all types of Kubernetes operations. This introductory guide will get you up to speed with kubectl in no time.
The book is divided into four parts, touching base on the installation and providing a general overview of kubectl in the first part. The second part introduces you to managing Kubernetes clusters and working with nodes. In the third part, you’ll be taken through the different ways in which you can manage Kubernetes applications, covering how to create, update, delete, view, and debug applications. The last part of the book focuses on various Kubernetes plugins and commands. You’ll get to grips with using Kustomize and discover Helm, a Kubernetes package manager. In addition to this, you’ll explore how you can use equivalent Docker commands in kubectl.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to install and update an application on Kubernetes, view its logs, and inspect clusters effectively.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the basic kubectl commands
- Delve into different cluster nodes and their resource usages
- Understand the most essential features of kubectl
- Discover how to patch Kubernetes deployments with Kustomize
- Find out ways to develop and extend kubectl tools with their own plugins
- Explore how to use Helm as an advanced tool for deploying apps
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, system administrators, and anyone who wants to use the kubectl command-line tool to perform Kubernetes functionalities. A basic understanding of Kubernetes and Docker is required to get started with this book.
Table of Contents
- Introducing and Installing kubectl
- Getting Information about a Cluster
- Working with Nodes
- Creating and Deploying Applications
- Updating and Deleting Applications
- Debugging an Application
- Working with kubectl Plugins
- Introducing Kustomize for Kubernetes
- Introducing Helm for Kubernetes
- kubectl Best Practices and Docker Commands
标签：k8s, kubectl, Kubernetes
Title: kubectl: Command-Line Kubernetes in a Nutshell: Command-Line Kubernetes in a Nutshell
Author: Rimantas Mocevicius
Length: 136 pages
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Publication Date: 2020-11-20