Master the Powerful3 Standard Library through Real Code Examples
The3 Standard Library contains hundreds of modules for interacting with the operating system, interpreter, and Internet–all extensively tested and ready to jump-start application development. Now, expert Doug Hellmann introduces every major area of the Python 3.x library through concise source code and output examples. Hellmann’s examples fully demonstrate each feature and are designed for easy learning and reuse.
You’ll find practical code for working with text, data structures, algorithms, dates/times, math, the file system, persistence, data exchange, compression, archiving, crypto, processes/threads, networking, Internet capabilities, email, developer and language tools, the runtime, packages, and more. Each section fully covers one module, with links to additional resources, making this book an ideal tutorial and reference.
The Python 3 Standard Library by Example introduces Python 3.x’s new libraries, significant functionality changes, and new layout and naming conventions. Hellmann also provides expert porting guidance for moving code from 2.x Python standard library modules to their Python 3.x equivalents.
- Manipulate text with string, textwrap, re (regular expressions), and difflib
- Use data structures: enum, collections, array, heapq, queue, struct, copy, and more
- Implement algorithms elegantly and concisely with functools, itertools, and contextlib
- Handle dates/times and advanced mathematical tasks
- Archive and data compression
- Understand data exchange and persistence, including json, dbm, and sqlite
- Sign and verify messages cryptographically
- Manage concurrent operations with processes and threads
- Test, debug, compile, profile, language, import, and package tools
- Control interaction at runtime with interpreters or the environment
- Author:Doug Hellmann
- File size:14.2 MB