Managing physical servers will be a thing of the past once you’re able to harness the power of serverless computing. If you’re already prepped with the basics of serverless computing,Programming Cookbook will help you take the next step ahead. This recipe-based guide provides solutions to problems you might face while building serverless applications.
You’ll begin by setting up Amazon Web Services (), the primary cloud provider used for most recipes. The next set of recipes will cover various components to build a application including REST APIs, database, user management, authentication, web hosting, domain registration, DNS management, CDN, messaging, notifications and monitoring. The book also introduces you to the latest technology trends such as Data Streams, Machine Learning and NLP. You will also see patterns and practices for using various services in a real world application. Finally, to broaden your understanding of computing, you’ll also cover getting started guides for other cloud providers such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform and IBM cloud.
By the end of this book, you’ll have acquired the skills you need to build serverless applications efficiently using various cloud offerings.
What you will learn
- Serverless computing in and explore services with other clouds
- Develop full-stack apps with API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda and DynamoDB
- Web hosting with S3, CloudFront, Route 53 and Certificate Manager
- SQS and SNS for effective communication between microservices
- Monitoring and troubleshooting with CloudWatch logs and metrics
- Explore Kinesis Streams, Amazon ML models and Alexa Skills Kit